Re: [ST] Advanced rider training

> I think this guy Mike Waite had a write up in the latest 'Ride' magazine.
> They were comparing different types of training, i.e. ex cops as in your
> case, track days and off road. I have been considering a track day for when
> I get back off holiday and am now wondering which would be best, 1-2-1 or
> track. Have you done a track day? What do you and anyone else think?

I think a lot depends on the focus of the track day. If it's a bunch of
racers (or wannabees) running without much other training or direction, then
I'd say the track may not be worth it. It sounds as though you're looking
for more feedback and instruction than an open track day would be ale to
provide. I just got back from one of Reg Pridmore's schools and found it to
be very helpful.  Instructors were circulating with the students and were
not shy about offering constructive criticisms or answering any questions.
The classroom sessions maintained street riding as the point of reference
and the track was simply your laboratory to try out some of the ideas being
shared. Whether street or track, it still comes down to controlling the bike
and this was a good environment for working on that. I'd imagine that
nothing compares to the individual attention of a one-on-one session though.
- --
Terry "Grizzly Dawg" Lewis
Alexandria, VA
'00 Eclipse Blue RS