[ST] VFR?...Not!

Well, in a little fit of frustration about not having
my ST for the fourth weekend in a row, I went out and
looked at some other bikes yesterday.  The only one I
was allowed to demo was a 99 VFR with 4500 miles.
(incidently, the dealer asked how many miles I had on
my 00 ST & I said about 9000 he said "Wow! you ride a
lot!.....I said "uh...ok.." ) I would have over 12 or
15000 by now if it hadn't been in the shop.

While performance wise I guess I couldn't tell much
difference it did absolutely nothing for me in a way
that I can't explain.  It was anemic in personality,
it just sounded and felt like a toy.  Not that it was
rattling or cheaply made, it was just void of soul
maybe.

It went a long way toward reaffirming how much I like
the Sprint.

On the other hand I took a close look at a Hayabusa
and (in the show room anyway) it fit quite nicely.
Much bigger and more comfortable than I would have
imagined.  Hey, if I can't have the bike I want I may
as well at least get the fastest one.

If I have to wind up lemon lawing this bike (if it's
not too late) I need to decide if I will go for
something different or decide that this bike was a
freak and get another one.

On an encouraging note for everyone, I did contact
several other dealers across the Midwest (for second
opinions) and all of them seemed surprised by the
trouble I'm having.  They all said that they just
don't get Sprints or RSs in with problems, ever.

Steve Bergman

00 Sprint ST