Re: [ST] Extended warranties

We have extended warranties through DFS.  We paid approx. $600.00 for an
additional 3 years.  We normally do not do extendo's either, but with
30,000 + miles on each bike, we thought they might actually get used
because of our high usage of the bikes.  Further, if we wanted to sell
the bikes within that time period, the extra warranty would help make up
a bit for the "extra" miles on the bikes.  We're planning on keeping
them for that time period, though.  The DFS warranty reads well, and my
dealer assures me that the company works well with dealers, unlike some
warranty companies.  That alone is worth something!

Lisa

> My ST warranty runs out in Sept. and I am considering an extendo. I
> generally do not believe in extendo's, but with what other listers have
> gone through lately, I am leaning that way.
> I have not had good luck asking Triumph dealers, they either don't offer
> them or they are very expensive, i.e.: $600.00 for 1 year coverage. This
> Warrantybynet.com offers 5 years for $580.00 which is still allot of $$.
> Coverage is very good though and you can take your bike to anyone for
> repairs.

End of st-digest V2001 #442