RE: [ST] distance riding

>we have found
>that about all we can take is a solid hour in the
>saddle before a stop for a stretch and some water. 6
>to 8 hours of this leaves us drained, beat up, and
>exhausted .

I can take just over 2 hours of freeway riding before the backs of my knees
begin to cramp and ache. No other complaints, as the ST fits me quite well.
I've extended this time by putting my feet on the back pegs or standing up,
both of which are probably ill advised two-up. Twisties? Well, I sort of
forget about having any aches on spirited rides and have gone for hours 'n
hours without needing to stop.

- -Chris Strizver