East Coast Rally

Hi Fellow Rallyers,

Just returned from Snowshoe, WV very pleased with my RS as a touring bike.
Unfortunately injured my right knee and ankle and although I limped home am
concerned about my ability to ride the extra distance to the Pisgah Inn in a
few weeks.  So if anyone there has a 2-bike trailer and is only trailering
one bike I would share the gas and driving and also share my room at the
Pisgah Inn for adding my bike on the trailer.  I'm from Valley Forge, PA  but
could meet you in a wide area from here, for example, Washington, Frederick
MD, Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Hagerstown MD, Winchester VA, etc.  Open to
suggestions.

Let me know if you have an interest: open or closed trailer is fine.  Will
ride there if I have to but am a little concerned about the amount of time I
'll be able to spend in the saddle each day.

The RS was incredible:  with ST bars, the seat recovered in leather and
wearing "Draggin Jeans" (highly recommended) the ride was surprisingly
comfortable.  The shape of the seat is excellent.  On my '96 Sprint, I "Race
Teched" the forks, added a Corbin seat, etc., etc. and it still wasn't as
comfortable as the RS without all these mods.  Also about the stability.  WV
was loaded with gravel - and at just the worst possible spots, like the apex
of the turn when you're most leaned over.  Fortunately the RS recovered
beautifully from unexpected rear wheel skids (no matter where or how
carefully you rode it was impossible to totally avoid gravel).  What a
special bike.  Used Chase Harper "Stealth" saddle bags, Chase Harper med.
size tank bag and an Eclipse rear seat bag and there was enough room to spare
for bringing back purchased items.

Let me know if there is an interest in my idea.

All the best,
Fred Honigman
"Gentleman Dawg"  '00 RS