[ST] RE: st-digest V2001 #444

>"Gerrit Herbst" <Gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Firstly, the problem is caused, not by a *loose* gearbox, but rather a
tight
>> gearbox that needs a very firm shift to select the following gear.

>A loose box only gets looser with time.  You want to start with a nice,
>tight box so it will be comfortably "just right" after you get it broken
in.
>The box on my ride started very tight but now, after many rides, is just
>right.

>Oh, get your mind out of the gutter!  ;-)

Dear Bill,
I tried to imply that the box is tight when new, and the false neutral is
not a result of a poor design *loose*, but rather just in need of further
break-in.
Please spare a thought for me as English is my third language :-) No kidding

Best Regards
Gerrit Herbst (South Africa)
"01 Yellow RS
PS. if I'm not mistaken, it was you who gave me this advice ('round Jan
'01)? It works!