[ST] Chromed vs. Polished

Is there a significant difference in the care that's required to maintain
chromed wheels vs. polished wheels? My frame is polished, so I have some
idea of what's involved there, but I don't know anything about chrome
upkeep, or polish upkeep as it pertains to wheels, which (unlike the frame)
are subject to road debris and brake dust.

I depend on my bike for everyday transportation. I'm not the type that
washes their bike after every ride. Once a week I go over it quickly with
HondaProCleaner. And I spend a fair amount of time (maybe an hour or so) on
it a once a month. I find that if I don't apply Mother's to the frame every
3-4 weeks, there is a noticable loss of luster. Can I expect the same with
wheels, or is more rigorous care needed? How does this compare to chrome?

What's involved in maintaining chrome: does it require the regular
application of a metal polish to prevent oxidation like polished aluminum
does? If so, how often?

I know that polished wheels won't look as shiny as chromed wheels, but
that's ok with me (actually I don't want the wheels to outshine the frame).
I'm more concerned about what it (especially the front wheel) will look like
given my maintenance habits.

Daphne