Re: [ST] distance riding

Being a "Desert" dweller, I've incorporated some typical ways of fending off
the heat (which I assume is a small part of your bane) by purchasing light
colored leathers ("Z" custom) that are white and light grey from top to
bottom, they are also fully vented by perforations. I always wear a totally
white helmet, which I think helps alot to keep the cranium cooler.
However, what may be a more important key here could be relaxation. If your
body feels beat up after riding for these short stretches, and after not
riding for several years, maybe taking a riding course could assist here.
Most schools teach relaxation techniques as paramount to riding smoothly and
comfortably. If your body is relaxed on the bike, it certainly won't beat
you up on a bike such as the Sprint. In fact the more comfy you are
(relaxed) will directly translate to your pillion. Just my experience.
Your age concern is ridiculous unless you are pathetically out of shape,
which I doubt.
Another quenching idea that many of our brethren use are the camelback
watering system. So's you can be intaking fluids before you become thirsty.
I haven't adopted this practice, but may be on the bandwagon soon as a lot
of people swear by it!
Have a great ride,
                                Jim

Jim "Desert Dawg" Schroeder