[ST] Old age and the Sprint RS; rainsuits

Being now in the second half century of my life and not especially active I
can say with feeling that there is no inherent problem on covering long
distances on an RS despite age. I have enjoyed my one decent trip so far
more on this bike than on any previous one, even the supposedly more relaxed
Bandit I had before this which gave serious bum ache after just two hours. I
am convinced that relaxation is the key to overall comfort. The RS is so
easy to use but gives constant feedback. Speed has some bearing as well.
Constant motorway speed is very tiring. Varying the route to mix types of
road provides a refreshing change.

I almost bought the step in Chevron suit but backed off when I found even
the second attempt to put it on in the shop had everyone watching and
laughing again. I am sure that it is a great suit and a good idea but I am
impatient and struggled with all the zips. At least it gave some people some
amusement. In the end I bought a Sidi one piece oversuit of the same weight
which goes on in the normal way, feet first. It has been subjected to
torrential rain on the motorway without problems, fits over my leathers
comfortably and does not flap. The sleeves obstruct the view from the
mirrors more than my leathers but that is the only downside I have found. I
have ridden about a third of the total mileage this year wearing it so it
has been tested.

David