Re: [ST] Riding two up

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, James Wright wrote:

> Definitely give your passenger instructions on:
>
>     - Getting on and off only when instructed
>     - How to lean with you (not a whole lot more, not a whole lot less)
>     - Trying not to scootch around too much, especially in turns
>     - Watching out for the hot exhaust when getting on & off, etc.
>
> Also, if you're stopping hard, another thing she can do (besides holding on to your waist or the grab handles) is to wrap her arms around you and put her hands on the tank.  This gives her something to put her weight against without you having to bench
press her while trying to maintain control of the bike.  :-)

Or of course, squeezing you with her legs. This will at least put
her weight lower on your body. That whole arms around body and
hands on tank does not work very well for any of my pillions.

T.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664