[ST] Ear plug question

Hi all,

There has been a bit of talk about ear plugs. I tried
them on one ride. It took me about an hour to get use
to the lack of noise. I felt really isolated from the
environment, like I was playing a computer game! It
was also the only time I felt REALLY tired riding, I
actually closed my eyes at one stage, which scared the
crap out of me so I pulled over and had a walk and
some food. By the end of the ride (3 hours) I did feel
much better than I usually do and I have worn them
every now and then and I always enjoy my ride more.

However they are a pain to use, I stop often and
another thing to remove on top of the rest of the
riding gear is a bit much. I have an RF800 which is
not that noisy, but the wind coming in under the
helmet makes a racket.

A lot of bike riders use to wear scarfs and I thought
that would make things quieter as well as being
quicker to throw on, it wouldn't even matter if I
dropped it on the ground! So why do people not wear
them any more, do they not work? To hot?

My other half got stung in the throat with a bee on
this weekends ride ( I couldn't work out why she
pulled over, lucky she is not allergic) and I have
been hit in the throat by grasshoppers, breaking the
skin so what happened to the scarfs?

=====
bye for now
        Mal