[ST] RE: Rev limiter? twist that bastard!

Mine kicks in hard right at 9700 rpm. Stay on the gas a bit longer and
you'll know you've hit it.
My bike kind of goes "Waaaaaaaaaaa...bababa.." ( It usually only gets three
or four "ba"'s before I upshift)
  I reckon rev limiters are put there with the full knowledge they're going
to be used, and I would hope (and expect) the engine is built with
components strong enough to take a couple of thousand rpm's over where the
limiter is set.
I think a couple of pings off the rev limiter helps blow out the carbon.
Honest, officer.

CA Stu A13
Riverside CA