[ST] Joe Rocket Phoenix Mesh Jacket

Howdy,

	While hanging out at one of the local bike shops last week, I
finally got the chance to check out a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. They
look pretty sharp. I have seen the all black and black/grey. I like
both. They have a double armor system. The external armor appears to be
softer. I guess this is for initial impact absorption. Then there is
harder and larger armor inside the jacket. I guess it is more for skid
protection. The arms are protected all the way down for most of the
forearm. There is even armor up on the collar bone area. I realize this
won't necessarily prevent broken collar bones, but it will help keep
the monster bugs here in Texas from bruising my collar bone as they
clear the top edge of the windscreen. I had one hit my left collar bone
a few days ago and it left quite a welt. Of course it was a mutant
grasshopper, about two inches long and FAT! Lots of guts too, went
everywhere. Anyway I digress.
	Since it has been over 100 F here for a while now, I decided to
give the Phoenix a try. I love it. At first I felt a bit naked on the
bike with all that wind blowing on me. The jacket fits quite well. The
velcro on the wrists and waist straps are very adjustable. There is a
breast pocket inside on the left and two outer pockets, one for the
wallet and one for the cell phone. The only thing I don't like about
the jacket is that it tends to ride up and bunch up around my neck. I
don't have enough of a gut to hold it down in place hehe. There is also
a zipper inside on the bottom for zipping to pants. I am told they are
going to be releasing a matching pair of pants to go with the jacket.
	Today I ran down to Houston on the VFR. I manage to dodge most
of the rain storms, but one hit hard and fast. The humidity went off
the scale! When the rain quits, it gets right back up into the
nineties. The rain does sting a bit when it hits at 70 mph. As long as
I keep moving, the jacket feels great. Or if there is a slight breeze
when I stop, I can still feel it. The nice part is that when I stop and
remove the jacket, my T-shirt is not soaked with sweat. It does get a
little warm under the back armor, but if I slightly lean forward it get
air up under the armor. I am going to really enjoy this jacket.
	They sell for around $140.

Adios,

Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Honda VFR 800 Fi
1998 Honda VFR 800 Fi (waiting for OEM blue parts)
1999 Triumph Legend 900 (for sale)
2001 Suzuki SV 650 S (for sale)
http://sfriday.com/