Foggy Top (Mt. Washington)

We were there around mid-May.  It's my annual spring trip and encompassed
Maine, N. Hamp, Vermont & upstate N. York.  Cadilliac Mountain at Acadia
was the same but there was a very pretty Park Ranger running the store at
the top of Cadilliac.

Mt Wash was clear 2/3's of the way up and then we hit clouds.  The best
part was, road crews were 'repaving' during our ascent.  If you've been
there you know about 1/2 of the paving is packed dirt.  We had the pleasure
of driving over approximately 5 inches of soft, unpacked dirt
to get to the top.  Interesting time, no guard rails and 100's of feet down.

It was still pretty in the area so we'll go back and hopefully it'll be
clear next time.  The first time I went to the top of Clingman's Dome in
the Smokies it was this cloudy, and I had to walk to the top.  This trip
wasn't so bad.

Don Payne