Re: [ST] Triumph Daytona

Marc:

Thank you for your reply and comments.  I agree with everything you said.
When I read a comparison review in a motorcycle magazine, I am likely to be
"protective" of my beloved Triumph.  It is like watching your kid play
Little League baseball.  If the umpire calls your kid out on a close play at
the home plate, your emotions want to find fault with the umpire.

Keep up the good work,

John Westcott
Portland, Texas

> John:
>
> Thanks for your comments. Believe me, we're not picking on Triumph.
Really.

> As for the TT600, we decided to leave it out of the comparo because,
having
> ridden all the bike prior to starting the comparison testing, we KNEW it
> would be a fifth-place bike. In fact, we gave Triumph the opportunity to
> force the issue and "make" us put the bike in. The company declined to do
> so. (And we have an excellent relationship with ToA CEO Mike Vaughan, so I
> know that if he really wanted it in there, he'd have said so.) Fact is:
The
> bike is overweight and underpowered and beats the Japanese in no
> category--it may have brakes better than, say, the Kawasaki, but the
Honda's