[ST] Re: antenna mounts

So Bill,
Just where did you mount the antenna on your Trophy?  You have had some
of the same problems that I have.  I have gone through 3 of the short
mini cords that attatch to the helmets.  It is a poor design as there is
no way to put your helmet down without kinking the cord.  I have ordered
2 more for stock as they have discontinued the 27a.  Any extra parts you
may need in the future should be ordered now as their stock is quickly
diminishing.  My SWR indicated that the antenna that comes with the unit
is tuned quite well for the midrange frequencies (ch18-22) and tapers
off fairly poorly towards the ends (ch 1, and ch 40) probably due to its
mounting location.  While I can appreciate the need for proper location
of the antenna, I cannot understand how its location can effect the wind
noise on the microphone which is my complaint.  I am curious to know
where you mounted yours (on the trophy) so that I can try to duplicate
your excellent results.  I have also found the best place for the mic is
stuffed into the cheekpad to help eliminate the engine noise.

Thanks for the hints,
Jonathan West