Re: [ST] Re: antenna mounts

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Jonathan West wrote:

> Just where did you mount the antenna on your Trophy?

Up on the backside of the "tang" that the Givi bag clips to, in a WingRack
system.  Those two bolts are exactly the same distance apart as the holes
in the antenna mount, so I just had to widen them a tad.  Didn't need the
'backside" of the mount either.  I took some pics that I could put up once
I find and scan 'em...

> I have gone through 3 of the short mini cords that attatch to the
> helmets.  It is a poor design as there is no way to put your helmet
> down without kinking the cord.

In two years of service, I've only waxed the one and the wife hasn't
broken one yet.  I used to set the helmets down with it attached all the
time, but after breaking one I started taking them off unless I'm hanging
the helmet on a mirror...then another couple I know had trouble with one
breaking very early on.

> Any extra parts you may need in the future should be ordered now as
> their stock is quickly diminishing.

I'd heard about the unit being disco'd but didn't know you could order the
pigtail separately as it comes with the headset.  How did you order?