[ST] RE: (ST) RE: (ST) New Daytona (And superbike review spoilers

Peckham wrote:
>I think that if you are touching stuff down, you need to re-think how you
ride.  A quick turn-in means that you don't have to lean the bike over so
>far. On the track is a different story, given the extreme speed, but on the
street I see know need to be touching things down unless you are on a
>cruiser

(1) I have scraped my boots though.

    Peckham is a certified genius and a braveheart for saying so. If you are
scraping hardware in corners, get your ass off the seat. Although it is nice
to have your butt comfortably cradled in the saddle, sometimes you have to
adjust yourself to the bikes capabilities. I used to ride and race dirtbikes
in the woods (turn or die!) and if you sit in saddle, the bike has to lean
farther over to turn than if you don't hang off. If you are 200+ lbs.
(and/or carry passengers and/or gear) you are compressing the suspension
further at both ends and probably leaning further than necessary. I am 180
lbs. (my passengers are considerably less) and only scrape the toe of my
Skechers boots in corners. Only riders who are riding the wrong bike
(upgrade to a Daytona or other sportbike) or need to pack their (extensive
and heavy)gear for work should be wearing out the footpeg nubbies ( I took
mine off as they caught on my bike cover when I was trying to remove it ).
They were pristine.
    I used to look like a bottle rocket taking corners at night on my Harley
( 3 sets of pipes and 1 set of side covers in 3 years ) . My Hondas all
scraped sidestands and centerstands (and the clutches slipped). I know this
will probably incite all sorts of Sprint controversy (like using the back
brakes...which I do). How much does Keith Code weigh, anyhow? The guys I
rode with or raced who didn't lean off (much) were all little guys. By the
way, the stock saddle is extremely comfortable, even after 2 years.

Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------