Re: [ST] Foam Pads in Body Panels

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Scott Inman wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Before you flip out, the insurance company might not have screwed you -- it
> might be Triumph itself.

EXcept for the fact that the insurance company said no to every
question first, then listened to the details. I am not pissed at
the insuance company.

> A month or two ago, I drove off a relatively low curb, and crunched the
> bottom right panel of my beloved 01' ST.  I ordered a new part, and when it
> came in, much to my suprise it too was missing the foam and heat shield tape
> that the previous part had.

As far as the parts, can't blame Triumph, they just delivered the
parts Euro Sport of Tarpon Springs ordered. But I am pissed off at
Euro Sport of Tarpon Springs as they where going to treat the bike
as it was their own. And all I could say to that, if it is true,
I would highly recomend you never buy a used bike from those
gentlemen!

> I just installed it as is and hoped for the best.  I'd call Triumph and see
> why that wasn't included with your RS parts.
>
> Good luck,

Thanks, hopefully this week I am going to get a chance to collect
all of the paper work and talk to the dealership again.

I'll keep y'all posted on my journey.

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664