Re: [ST] Garage door opener

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 pattib@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >Funny, I guess I must be a bit more fast paced life. I find that
> >getting into the top box is a PITA, when on the road I try to keep
> >at least one of the locks locked as I have been told that the
> >latches have spontaneously opened.
>
> Isn't it amusing?  I find that taking a tank bag with me every time I
> get off the bike is a PITA, but it's trivial for me to get things in
> and out of the topbox.  And for city riding, I can just toss my helmet
> and gloves in the luggage and walk away from the bike "unburdened".

For city riding the tank bag is safely in my front closet. For
touring when you need to get gas 5-8 times in a day then the tank
bag rules. About 30-40% of the time I as been suggested by several
of the other readers. Pull up to the pump, pull out card and pay
at the pump, fill tank, ride to front of building, THEN get off
the bike and take a break. Again this depends on how busy the
station is and such. Again keeping a credit card in your suit would
work for that purpose as well.

On my last trip, during the day I did not remove the tank bag.
And the only items removed from the tank bag when I left the bike
where wallet, cell phone, digital camera. And not a single person
messed with the bag.

In the city, I of course removed the bag every time I went into a
building and would loose sight of the bike, but on the road it was
not a problem.

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664