Re: [ST] RE: (ST) RE: (ST) New Daytona (And superbike review spoilers

>From: Erik Miner <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>It's not so much how you ride, as much as how the rear suspension is
>setup. If the rear is too soft not enough preload or too soft a
>spring than you will touch down hard parts.

While the suspension may play a roll, I largely don't agree.  I guess it's
just a difference of opinion.

>I have had my ST over far
>enough so there is no chicken strip on the rear tire.. and the front
>is close. I've never had anything touch.. I also have an Ohlin on the
>rear with the correct spring for my weight and the bike with bags.

I can't comment on the ST, but my RS also has no chicken strips.  There is
about a 16th of an inch of barely scuffed edge on each side of the rear
tire.  I have totally stock suspension, set at the factory defaults.  I
weigh close to 200lbs, plus I wear full leathers, boots, gloves, etc.
Nothing has ever touched down -- but as I say, I do very quick turn-ins --
and they result in not having to lean the bike as far over.