Re: [ST] QoS

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <serlick@xxxxxxxx>

> Hello All:
> I'm getting QOS here in the States.

I thought QOS stood for 'Quality Of Service', which isn't necessarily
'quality service'.  I think that's what you meant though.

> What all of us want form Triumph Motorcycles of America is for them to
have a warehouse properly stocked with spares so our dealers can get what
they need in a timely manner!

This is a problem that affects us ALL, even here in Canada.  I have asked
and been told by various Canadian dealers that they order parts direct from
England, and others order through ToA (and this was recent information, so
it is since the Canadian distributer in New Brunswick lost Triumph).  I do
know that Canadian dealers work closely with ToA in Atlanta on technical
problems, but I have a feeling that MOST dealers order parts direct from
England.  Most listers report that Jack Lilley's can get those parts to the
owner much faster and for about the same price (if not a bit cheaper).

> Local service from dealers is great here in the Mid-Atlantic region.

You're lucky -- elsewhere in North America dealer expertise is spotty and
that's putting it politely!  I think the majority of listers would agree on
this point.  If you're happy with the QOS, it's probably worth paying a bit
more too.

> It's Triumph HQ in Georgia that's all buggered up.

could be -- I'm not so sure, but it still bothers me that there seems to be
some inconsistency in parts distribution, especially in Canada

Neil