Reviews, archive and partners

Hi All

On the test complaining about the fuel injection, from my own experience
and I think all the previous write ups I have read on the ST, I can only
believe the bike they had was incorrectly set up.  If this was Triumph
supplied the bike, its a bit of an own goal.  My bike is perfect in this
respect.  I also read the Supererbike reviews, its amazing, two months ago
another magazine put the Fireblade and the Daytona pretty well on the same
level.

On the Sprint tests, I didn't see the summary in the list before, sorry if
I am repeating it:

BMW R1100            - 75%
DUCATI ST4S         - 87%
APRILLA RST1000 - 89%
SPRINT ST              - 92%
VFR 800                   - 94%

It seems that their quantified opinion is that the Sprint is pretty well
near the top of the pack, and really only loses out to the VFR.  If I
hadn't already bought the Sprint, having read their review I would still be
looking for the Sprint 1st, it has so many features that are more appealing.

I then looked again at their summaries, and 2 of the biggest difference
they had were on Engine (VFR 97%, ST 92%) and Appeal (VFR 96%, ST 91%).

While respecting their opinion, the ST generates more interest than a VFR
period.  I am sure plenty of listers will acknowledge that. Imho, for
appeal they have the numbers the wrong way round.  As for the engine, I can
only say mine is brilliant, and I believe it is more powerful than the
VFR.  Is it as smooth? I don't know, but I think their 5 point difference
is a tad exagerated.  Still - it doesn't bother me, and always enjoy
reading the reviews no matter what.

On a different topic, how do I get to the archives?

And finally,  I need help.  I have had my bike for over a year and my
beloved won't entertain the idea of coming out for a ride.  The kids, the
neighbours wives! - they are all fine.  Just her.  I never really worried
too much, but last night she said that when we are on holiday (Florida at
Christmas), why don't I hire a HARLEY! and she will ride on the back of that.

AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!

I feel I need to send her back to her mother for re-training, any ideas anyone?

Alex (A Scot, who will return home once his missionary work in England is
complete:))

Black ST 2000