[ST] Another update on my rough running ST

This weekend  (week six in the shop) we (my ST that is) had a leak-down
test....and the winner is....valve damage!  Cylinders leaking like
umm..uh...great big leaky things..  The heads are coming off tonight and I
should have a more detailed assessment of damage tomorrow.  From just looking
into the intakes however he could tell that at least two intake valves are
shot.

I spoke with Jerry Parrish on Monday morning about my frustration, and how long
it's taking and how far I have to go to get to a good dealer etc. I was very
polite and said that I knew my mechanic was competent and working hard on
it....but...six weeks six weeks is a long time.  He said he was familiar with
Todd at Team Triumph of WI and and that they (team triumph) had a great
relationship with the company and he would do what he could to expedite the
repairs.

Todd has been working closely with Shell Barr through all of this and was told
that they did have problems with a batch of bad valves.  He is opening the bike
up tonight, will order parts tomorrow with the hope of getting them overnight
expressed. If all goes well getting the parts he will work toward having
everything put back together by Friday so I can have the bike for the weekend.

Any bets on the odds of all that happening?   Here's hoping.

Steve Bergman

00 Sprint ST  (I have forgotten what color it is)