[ST] storage, short term

In a message dated 7/31/01 9:11:57 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I will not ride my bike for 6 weeks due to travel. How should I
prepare/store the bike? If necessary I could get my house-sitter to start
and run the bike in the garage, but not ride as he not licenced/insured. Or
is it best just to leave it?
Thanks
Barry >>

Add some fuel stabilizer (such as Stabil) to the fuel tank, and run the bike
enough to get it through the injectors, then park it, and connect up your
trusty Battery Tender. Short start ups in the garage will give your house
sitter CO poisoning. Dave Collins, San Diego