[ST] Re: Hi - just purchased a new RS

Hi Nick

> Today I purchased a new leftover RS
> my 50 year old back will just have to get used to
> Gen-Mars
> carbon fiber pipe, the sport bags, tank bag, grab rail,
> power plug, and the carbon tank pad
> Any other suggestions?

I know you from my Thunderbird days. I also moved up to the RS. Glad to see
you make the change.

My 45-year old back couldn't quite take the stock bars, but I fitted ST bars
(more or less a straight swap) and they're just comfortable enough now,
without spoiling the handling too much. I preferred the rack to the rail.
Yes to the CF pipe, plug, tank pad. I also had the centrestand fitted: this
makes changing tyres and adjusting the chain so much easier, is safer for
parking, and despite my best efforts I have not been able to touch it down.
The other really cheap mod was to fit an 18 tooth sprocket (stock is 19),
which doesn't just give more power but also makes low rpm/traffic behaviour
much better, with a negligible effect on consumption. Don't worry about the
gearbox - it will loosen up! Enjoy.

Barry