[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #319

Paul/Eric:

I never even looked at the ST4, just feel it is an overpriced ST2 from the
get go.

I seem to recall that while the the engine is nicer than the ST2 944 2
valve, the bike shares the rest of the set-up in every detail (even more so
now with the ST4s on its way). Bottom line is it didn't seem to be worth the
$$$ delta between the ST2 or the Sprint ST.

The ST4s on the other hand has very high end bits, top of the line
suspension and first rate doo-daa's like 5 spoke alloy wheels and (plus an
even better version of the 916 engine, the 996.

I contend that the 916 and Sprint ST engines are about par in practice if
not on paper, whereas the 996......

What really draws me to look at the ST4s is the suspension; I don't think
the Triumph Sprint ST will be able to come close given the limitations of
the frame geometry.....

The hard part is I AM STILL VERY HAPPY with my Sprint ST, in fact, I have
never owned a more satisfying mount.

IMHO and FWIW and MY .02 is there is no better all-rounder out there,
period, nuff said, end of story.

Jay
> > Jay,
> >
> > What?  Did you not look/ride a Duc ST4???  916 engine, lots of torque,
>great suspension/fully adjustable, hard bags, riding position nearly
>duplicate of the Trump ST, better resale value, excellent gauges.  The only
>down side is the high price, terrible clutch pull and a little less torque
>in the mid range.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, I own an ST but the ST4 doesn't get the praise it
>deserves.
> >
> > And while I'm on a rant - the Futura looks goofy!
> >
> > Paul R. Wisner

End of st-digest V2001 #320