Re: [ST] Top rack removal time?

At 11:04 AM 6/1/01 -0400, Jim Karl Gagné wrote:
> > rails where you don't have to remove all the internals, or a more invasive
> > procedure?
>
>it all depends, i installed mine by only bolting it in place of the grabrail
>and its really tough that way, you dont need the bracket that comes with it
>in my opinion.

Well, the engineers put the bracket in there for a reason. As mine normally
holds more than the maximum load, I want all the strength and support I can
get.

The best way to address this is to perform the mod as addressed in the FAQ
page at

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/luggage/index.html

If you mount the two bolts at the back from the underside, your can remove
the rack in a matter of minutes without having to play with any of the
strengthening brackets. This is also a big time saver for those times when
you need to remove the rear fairing.

- -Eric