Bonnie for Sprint advice please

Hello,

I bought a 2001 Bonneville 3 weeks ago for $700.00 and I am not happy with
it.  It runs  hot (the headers glow cherry red), and it seems too slow.  So
tomorrow, with just 500 miles on the Bonnie, I'm trading for a Sprint RS in
either black or Lucifer Orange.  I think the dealership may
be trying to stick me and that's what I want to ask the group.  The
practically new Bonnie and $3000.00 for the new black RS or the Bonnie and
$2500.00 for the 2000 Lucifer Orange Demo.  It seems that they should offer
me more for the Bonnie considering it's heating problem and
asking less for the Demo.  BTW when I told the dealership about the heating
issue they seemed alarmed, told me not to ride it, and they drove 2 hours
to pick it up (commendable).  After keeping it for a week and calling
Triumph, they told me that the heating issue was "normal"
and trucked it back to me.  On the way back it toppled over in the trailer
and suffered  some minor scratches which the dealer said would be
fixed.  I'm beginning to think this bike is cursed.  LOL

Moe Later,
Jack