RE: [ST] Magazine reviews

I've seen/read all the reviews that have been referred to over the last few
days.  I have also seen, as I am sure everyone else has, hundreds of reviews
evaluating everything from toaster ovens to stereos to cars.

What I can't seem to understand is the lack of a "value" factor.  It's
pretty obvious that a Ferrari (any one of them) would score higher in a
review then  a Mustang or a Miata.  But what about the fact that you can
have a whole fleet of those for the price of just a single Ferrari.

Given that the Futura beat the ST by about a 1/2 point.  What about the fact
that that 1/2 point is what 99.9% of riders will never get to see or use.  I
for one will readily give up that 1/2 point for a 20% difference in price.

I have always thought the the grouping in reviews should be based on price
points and street price points at that.  The review I am waiting for is "5
bikes that cost between X and X+Y, and Y would not be 20% of X.

Given enough money you can always make something subjectively (and probably
objectively also) better.  The reality is, for most of us anyway, that money
is a finite resource.  The lack of a "value" criteria in all reviews just
ignores reality.

Eric Drayer, CPA (Chartered Accountant for those who dive on the wrong side
of the road)

'00 ST Blue
'80 TR8
Various other toys