[ST] Headlamps

Hey all, remember me, yea, I was the one ranting about
how the factory headlights are just fine... I dont
have a bike repair manual or the inclination to rip
the front off my bike to answer this Q. so Ill ask it
here... I heard the part# H4 or something like it. I
believe this part number is for a bulb only. made to
fit into a composite headlamp assembly. looking at the
sprint face I thought it was a complete bulb that had
to be replaced (much like a 6054) but can I do this
philips Xtra vision upgrade by only replacing the bulb
itself (like a 9004)and not the whole lamp assembly.??
would love to know, it would be the first affordable
upgrade I have found for this bike besides the CF tank
protector. I dont NEED the extra light but if I can
get it that easily.. why not add that little margin of
safety.. Thanks to all for any info.

Tony Burke
00' ST (automobile reflective red)hopefuly as good as
the blue!

PS, thanks Digidawg for the paint info... Im having it
done next time I go home (SD)for sturgis, or after its
my turn to get tangled up with someones cage.. I found
an HD color thats a perfect turquoise blue. PEACE