Re: [ST] trade ST for Trophy?

Original message<<<<

Jim Huber wrote:
>Anyone have experience with the ST and Trophy 1200? Care to compare?

I have owned both.  '98 Trophy 1200 (Platinum) was what got me interested in
Triumph to begin with.  Damn beautiful bike. After about a year I began
lusting after my present, black, sexy, ST.  Can't say I have regretted the
decision.  Quite different bikes, really.  the Trophy with the 1200/4 is
quite the hoss.  I have embarassed a ZX-9R (really), various TL1000's &
BMW's and every 600 that tried me (in a straight line).  I sold it to my
riding partner, so I still see it every ride.  It is a handful, heavy and
tall.  No match for the ST in the twisties, but really better than you might
think.  My 1200 had the full race-tech fork work (springs and emulators).
If you think race-tech improves the Sprint, the improvemnt on the Trophy is
unbelieveable!!  Wind protection is far superior on the Trophy, although the
ST is really good, in my mind.  So, bottom line, the 1200 Trophy is a rockin
stompin long distance bike with a little sporting blood if you are willing
to push it a little.  The design is a bit dated, I think you might do well
to heed the previous advise from the list and wait a while.  Maybe an
updated Trophy is on the horizon.

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)