[ST] Re: 1'st ride New RS

Picked up the new RS at 6:00 last night. Did a quick 80 mile run to feel it out. First thoughts, the riding position is not that bad (this coming off an Adventurer). Engine is lovely. Handles like a go cart (next to the already mentioned Adventurer).

Second thoughts - is this first 100 miles at under 3500 rpm sadistic torture or what? I did pretty well except for when I passed 3 cars and one van towing a boat in one move on a 2 lane road. Forgot about the 3500 rpm limit on that one. D*mn is this thing hard to shift! I'm getting a bruise on my left foot trying to bang it into gear. The Adventurer was stiff when new but this is 5 times worse. I know it should improve when I get the synthetic in at the first oil change. Forget about putting it into neutral at a stop - the shifter won't even budge.

Love the brakes - love the looks.

I think I'm gonna like this bike.

Nick Ferraro
00 Sprint RS (yellow)