From: <NFerr95001@xxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:59 AM
Subject: [ST] Re: 1'st ride New RS

> Picked up the new RS at 6:00 last night. Did a quick 80 mile run to feel
it out. First thoughts, the riding position is not that bad (this coming off
an Adventurer). Engine is lovely. Handles like a go cart (next to the
already mentioned Adventurer).

> Second thoughts - is this first 100 miles at under 3500 rpm sadistic
torture or what? I did pretty well except for when I passed 3 cars and one
van towing a boat in one move on a 2 lane road. Forgot about the 3500 rpm
limit on that one. D*mn is this thing hard to shift! I'm getting a bruise on
my left foot trying to bang it into gear. The Adventurer was stiff when new
but this is 5 times worse. I know it should improve when I get the synthetic
in at the first oil change. Forget about putting it into neutral at a stop -
the shifter won't even budge.