[ST] Re: 1'st ride New RS

Hi Nick

> is this first 100 miles at under 3500 rpm sadistic torture or what?
> I'm getting a bruise on my left foot trying to bang it into gear.
> Forget about putting it into neutral
> Love the brakes - love the looks.

No, it's MASOCHISTIC torture! All sounds normal. I actually got a big red
wheal on my foot from the gear change at first. Think of it as the bike
running YOU in! Adapting to the position after one of the classics is the
same idea. Growing together, symbiosis, that sort of thing. Synthetic helps,
but don't expect it to really loosen up until 3000 ... though it's worth it
when it does. Do a few push-ups and sit-ups every day to get in shape. Again
it's worth it for the improved comfort and handling. Get that 18-tooth on it
soon, because it really suits it. Then settle in with your new best friend,
and you'll gradually learn how much fun it is to use that growling torque
... overtaking cagers ... out of bends ... up steep hills ...

Barry
00 RS (10,000 miles in 10 months, despite the worst UK floods on record)