1st ride on new RS

Picked up my new RS in Black on Saturday, looks the dog's dangly bits.
Managed 580 miles on lots of twisties around the Midlands (UK) in three
days, I'm now left waiting until Monday to have the first service carried
out as I don't want to risk scoring the cylinder liners.  I'm not sure if
Triumph use a running in oil for the first 500 miles instead of the usual
synthetic, which is not the best oil to run a machine in on.

First impressions seem to be like everyone else's on this list, more torque
than a tractor, very useful set up and brakes to make your eyeballs spring
out!  Used to own a Suzuki GSX600 and I am used to riding BMW K's and Pan
Euros, glad I changed to a big bore bike as I got fed up with thrashing the
600, the RS is more like a BMW and Pan with the torque but with much more
attitude and sporting ability, very easy to ride.

No real problems so far just the usual tight gearbox and missing neutral,
easier to roll to a stop dropping from 2nd to neutral, impossible to pull up
into neutral from 1st once stationary!  I seem to have a slight oil leak
from the gear change pinion shaft when the engine is warm, hope to sort it
out on 1st service.

Now where did I put all those lovely carbon bits!!

Burton
Staffordshire
UK

- ---
"if you need an explanation, then everything must go.."
Rich Crinson
rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx