[ST] RE: Polishing wheels

Yes, you have to polish them all the time to keep the hazey coating off
them.  It's a lot of work where Chrome is no more work than you put into
keeping your bike shiny.  Plus, polishing cost about the same as chrome.
Chrome is the way to go.
Cam

BS. I used Mothers to clean the aluminum rims on my Thunderbird Sport
polished and it was no more work than cleaning or polishing the rest of the
bike - perhaps even easier because with the Center Stand you can clean from
one spot instead of climbing all over the bike. Chrome will get a haze too
that is easily cleaned off, but the process to clean the chrome wheels off
is the same as to rub aluminum with some Mothers.  NOW if your bike is not
garaged or exposed to the elements, it will be more difficult to keep the
aluminum wheels clean. BUT you must stay on top of chrome in the same
conditions or pitting sets in.
Sorry.. I like polished wheels I guess!    :)
Bill Findiesen