[ST] AZ and CO roads

I'm in the process of planning a big trip for next summer hitting National
Parks and am looking for opinions of some of the roads I'm considering.

One set is from northeast Arizona to Durango, Colorado.  US 64 through
Arizona looks like a great road on the map and would be my first choice.
The other option here is taking I-25 up to US 160 across Colorado.  Which
would someone who has ridden both recommend.

The other area is in California.  I'll be going from Barstow to Redding via
US 395 and CA 178 to Death Valley and CA 190 back to US 395 up to Devils
Postpile and through Yosemite to I-5.  Sound like a good route or are there
other suggestions.

I'm sure with both areas there may be great alternatives, but I also need to
continue to make pretty good time too.  Any recommendations will be helpful.
Thanks.

Doug Bailey  "Hound Dawg"