RE: st-digest V2001 #333

Bob Asked:

2) The Sprint seems to get excellent mileage but can I use regular? The
Triumph web site says RON 95 but this means nothing to a yank.IOW, is RON
95=87US

Mickey at Orange County Triumph said regular is all you should be running as
you will not see a benefit to running the mid or hi test fuels ­ and
certainly not to your wallet. It is all I have used and I get between 45 and
50 mph depending on how far my hand is in the throttle. (I also have a ?99
ST with the 18 tooth front sprocket). Just for giggles I wound it up on a
straight to about 145 indicated in 5th gear (I think) and let off with it
still climbing. (had to do it once :-)  ).