[ST] Actual riding stuff

" We have racetrack training -- looking for extraordinary performance in
unrealistic
conditions -- and we have the MSF ERC, which is cursory at best."

I think this is a pretty common misconception of riding schools.  I've
been to two highly  regarded schools and what they both taught was
physics and Motorcycle CONTROL.  The skills I learned there I use
everyday to get my butt there and back again in one piece,  not
necessarily any faster.  Racetracks are used simply because they are a
place where skills can be practiced and observed in a controlled
environment without interference from other traffic.
David
'99 ST