[ST] brake lessons

Two things I learned today getting the bike ready for the trip to Colorado:

1. You can remove the rear brake caliper without removing the rear wheel.
However, the luggage bracket makes it a lot harder to get to the necessary
bolts.

2. You can't check the brake pad wear without removing the caliper. After
going through all of the work to remove the calipers, I saw that there was
a lot more pad left than I thought. Looking at the caliper from the rear
while it is mounted is very deceptive.

So the extra pads I bought will come along on the trip, but I don't think
I'll be needing them for awhile.

T minus 36 hours and counting!

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - Ferndale, CA (official Cow Town and home of "Moo Dawg")
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300
'00 Lakota ATV