[ST] New Member

Hi Everyone,

    I'm Bruce Thomas-Peter, 45 (going on 17), from Yorkshire in the UK. I've
joined this list because last weekend I traded in my beloved Yamaha TDM 850
twin that I'd owned for 3 and a half years for a black '99 Sprint ST. WOW,
am I having a laugh with it or what, creamy smooth power seemingly in any
gear at any position on the rev counter, lovely sound (Triumph race can),
and handles loads better than I'd hoped (being used to high 'bars and WP
suspension). I know I'm preaching to the converted but I really like this
'bike.
    The only gripe I had was the gear lever position. When I adjusted it to
get my big (UK 11) foot hooked underneath it was pivoting towards my ankle
and I was getting bruises on my big toe joint. I say "was getting bruises"
because today I managed to make some bits and bobs (I work in a machine
shop) without the supervision noticing and I've remounted the gear lever
onto the uppermost footrest plate fastener. This mod has put the icing on
the cake for me, now all I need is some decent weather.
    I do have one question, can anyone explain what the dawg thing's all
about. Pardon my ignorance.

    Cheers,
        Bruce Thomas-Peter.
        bruce.thomas-peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx