RE: [ST] Headlight Failure

Jeff, and everyone who has had electrical problems with your ST:

I have just begun reading through the archives of the digest and am morbidly
relieved that I am not alone with electrical problems.

Jeff, I just went through the exact symptoms that you describe. My
headlights began to come on and off. I traced it down the ignition switch.
Try wiggling the wireing that exits the bottom of your ignition switch, if
your lights flicker or anything else funky happens, tow-don't ride-your bike
to a dealer. My bike progressed into a full-on short and drained the
battery. I saw a post about this earlier today (forget how long ago it was
posted), and the author mentioned something about a zip-tie causing an
abrasion.

I also experienced the problem of the main front to back wiring harness
connector being corroded. I saw a post about this earlier as well.

In addition (almost done), has anyone ever had a fuel line fail? One of the
pressurized fuel lines ruptured on me, right near the quick disconnects at
the fuel tank, at about 700 miles. Lucky for me, I had only gone 2 miles and
the exhaust didn't ignite the fuel that was pouring onto it.

Chris Strizver
'00 blue ST (the red ones are just TOO fast!)