Re: [ST] Radiator Leak Questions

Frank:

My radiator sprung a leak at 25K one month out of warranty (February 99 ST).

I was in the same boat, that is, on a trip when my ST started to smell
sweet! I had 3 days of riding left to go, so I added a small amount of one
of those "stop leak" additives directly to the radiator and that seemed to
stop the leak (or slow it enough) so I could ride on without too much worry.

When I returned from my trip, I took it to my local Triumph dealer who
contacted Triumph with my story (well, everything except the additive part).
  TA provided for a full replacement even though I was out of warranty by 2
1/2 months.  The dealer thinks that TA was flexible on this one since a lot
of ST owners have suffered from this failure, and can probably rightly claim
that it was a manufactures defect waiting to happen.

Hope that helps,

Jay S. Levine
office: (651) 687-5793
cell: (612) 308-9424
home: (612) 294-0779
shameless self promotion: http://home.mn.rr.com/levine98/
"It's Not The Destination, It's The Ride"