Re: [ST] Engine vibration

> Well, since I am doing the break in on the ST, I am very tuned in (or so I
> think) to the noises the bikes is making.

Been there, done that.  Relax...always ride with ear plugs.  :-)

> I am currently getting what
> sounds like motor/engine vibration coming under load around 3000 rpm.  If
> you are cruising about 3000 rpm and begin to roll on the throttle, there
is
> a noticable vibration.  It goes away and the motor sounds buttery smooth
> from about 3500 rpm on.  > Is this normal for the Triumph 3 cyl?

This is normal.  They really rattle thru the gearbox when riding slow in the
low gears.

> Also, is it normal for it to have what sounds like valvetrain noise when
sitting at idle?

Yes,  mine sounds more like a small farm tractor.  Almost as bad as the dry
clutch on an ST4 Ducati.

> (This is the first and only Triumph I have ever heard run - everything
else I have owned has been Japanese Inline 4's)

Me too!  Triumph will never win any contest for noise against a Honda.

Paul "MO Dawg" Wisner