Re: [ST] Oil Leak?

My RS had what sounds like the same symptom; ie engine oil dripping from the gear change output shaft since the first mile I put on it.  My local dealer mis-diagnosed it and ordered me a shift shaft seal kit that they are still waiting for, 14 weeks and counting. However, I took it to a new dealer about 125 miles away and they correctly diagnosed the countershaft (transmission output shaft) seal as being the culprit.  They replaced it on the spot and the bike now has no oil or fuel leaks for the first time in 3000 miles of enjoyable riding.  I really like this machine.

Randy in Arizona