[ST] Arrrghhh

Arrrghhh, I can?t believe my luck!!!  I was on the way to take my bike in
for the Oil leak to be fixed along with the now legendary faulty fuel sender
unit and stopped in at home.  When I came back out to the bike I saw a large
shiny clout nail sticking nicely into the centre of the tyre, joy!  First
thought, take it out to see if it?s just the head, then common sense
prevailed quick, ride it steadily to the dealer and he can look at it while
fixing the snags.  It was the most worrying 20 miles I have ever done, no
garages for miles on the roads I use, if it had suddenly given up the ghost
I would have been stuck.  Luckily it didn?t and I got there without losing
hardly any pressure, bad news time, it had gone right through and it?s no
longer recommended to repair ZR tyres, which I suppose is no a bad thing but
it?s going to be a £130 sting in the wallet.

I suppose I can be thankful for two small mercies, first the tyre didn?t let
go when I was doing some nice speeds on the way home and I found it rather
than putting the bike away and getting up next morning to a flat (I haven?t
got around to buying a paddock stand as my last bike had a centre stand).
What is annoying is that I didn?t have one puncture in 13,000 miles on my
last bike and now I have one in 800 miles!!

C?est la vie

- ---
"if you need an explanation, then everything must go.."
Rich Crinson
rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx