Re: [ST] Gas mileage

>>225 miles/tank is about all I'll push it.

>Me too.  My understanding is that mine has to do with the formulation of
>gasoline in CA.  Where do you live?  What do other California riders get?

One thing that I've been finding is that due to the Sprint's tank shape,
the range really depends upon how close you're willing to fill it to the
top. An extra 1/4 or 1/2 inch seems to make quite a difference. I generally
fill the tank while sitting on it (those credit card pumps are great!) and
try to get it filled right up to the filler neck.

I've been seeing better mileage on mine the last few months, I don't know
if that has to do with the 12k service, or if the MTBE gas is finally
getting phased out.

I did notice on the way out to Colorado and back that high speeds and lots
of luggage didn't appear to hurt the mileage much.

Matt Knowles - matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (707) 786-4643
http://www.aestheticdesign.com