Re: [ST] Did anyone go to Triumph Day Saturday? Any good?

From: Scott Inman
>Did anyone go to Triumph Day Saturday?  Any good?<

My son and I got there at about 4:00 p.m., and by then most everyone had
left. Only those who had paid for the dinner remained, and most of those
folks were the vendors.

As alwyas, there were some very, very nice examples of earlier model
Triumphs, and a smattering of other English makes. I got photos of my son
sitting on a real nice Vincent Black Shadow, with an invite to do so from
it's owner/rider of course.

Today is the better of the two days to go, usually. That's when they give
away the door prize. It's always been a vintage Triumph, though one that
looks like a parts bin queen. This year, they've set out three M/C-sized
crates, all covered up. Like the TV game show "The Price Is Right", the
winner will have to choose from Crate No.1, 2, or 3. Gotta wonder what the
deal is there.

Other than that, it's really a mecca for the pre-Hinckley crowd. Performance
Cycles (Shrewsbury, Mass) does have their salesman there with a new Speed
Triple, a T-Bird, and a 2002 Daytona (already sold, whaaaa.....)

I always buy a T-shirt or something, but not yesterday. No spirit. Likely
make it back there today for the drawing. A lot less people means my chances
are better.

Ken M.