Re: [ST] for Bill - gas mileage

I get over 50 mpg (US), unless I am really screwing down the throttle a lot
harder. I used to get 58 mpg (US) until I changed the pipe and had it
retuned. My mileage slipped down to 45 mpg (US), before I discovered my
chain was getting tight. I replaced the original chain at 18K and the
mileage popped back up.
I noticed something interesting today, I just changed my front tire from a
BT010 to a BT020 and I noticed a change in my speedometer readings. Now at
80 mph indicated, my tach reads 4700 rpm, it used to read 4500 rpm. It seems
my new tire is a little taller than to BT010. The rear tire is unchanged so
in reality I am traveling the same distance as before and there is no change
in performance, but the odometer registers less distance. (Do I have this
figured correctly?) Anyway, the speedo pick is on the front tire, so the
rear tire is pushing the same as before, it's just that the front tire
travels a little more distance per revolution. It appears to be a 200 rpm
difference.  Interesting, surprising.
Mike Benzon